Teaming exercise – Festive Edition
Teaming exercise for the festive season, with no secret santa gift required – give it a go!
An area I love to work in is complexities and layers of teams, and in leadership. ‘Team building’ is a bit of a B.S. term, so I don’t use it – but helping teams grow and work better together really spins my tyres!
From my work, this idea came up, and I think it’ll be a great teaming exercise in the lead up to Christmas – and a bit different to your average secret santa! Use this team exercise as a great way to end the year with your team, or it can be tweaked and used anytime of the year.
- In teams, everybody has an envelope for each team member apart from themselves – e.g. for a team of 7, each individual gets 6 envelopes.
- Write the names of each team member on an envelope.
- On a piece of paper, secretly write one way in which you’re going to help that person get through the next month(ish) before Christmas.
- Seal it, and put all of the envelopes where they can be seen.
Chose a date and all get together (potentially with cake)
- Each person gives the other team members (swaps) their envelope.
- And they then guess what the kind/helpful thing their team member has done for them, before opening the envelope for the big reveal.
- A focus on kind and helpful.
- And a lot of goodwill heading into Christmas break when people tend to be a bit frazzled!
Let me know how you get on, and what questions you have.